Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Absence certainly does make the heart grow fonder!!

How is it that within a short period of time, someone can make such a lasting impression on you that you wonder how you managed without them before???


I've been asking myself this question for the last couple of days and I'm still not closer to an answer. Is it because I wasn't exposed to someone of that calibre and can now recognize it?? Gosh, it's truly a confusing situation I find myself in!! I'm the type of person who isn't taken in too quickly by someone and I don't trust very easily. Like a friend of mine said, I observe silently from a distance and when I feel that I can trust the person that is when I will make my move.


Well now that this person knows how I'm feeling, what's the next step?? All I can do is be patient and wait on a response. But I'm not one to waste my time too, so what I have done is given myself a time frame and if that has expired with no positive response then I move on. While this may seem a drastic measure, it sure will be able to give me closure in this regard. I suppose we all sometimes find ourselves in a situation that is beyond our control. The only way I find helps me is to seek Divine guidance, for surely the Creator knows what's best!!


So my prayer is, "Oh Allah, if this is meant to be, and it is good for me then allow it to unfold. But if it is not then remove it from my path and give me the diligence to accept Your decision, Insha-Allah Ameen!!"

1 comment:

Shaheema said...

This is true. Absence certainly does make the heart grow fonder.. but it also makes the heart wiser. Bide your time my dear... for its certain, the day will come when your heart knows no other answer! Follow it!
Love u,
Shaheema
xxx