Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Grateful for small blessings!!

Last night just before dozing off, I received a message from my younger sister Raihaana. She asked me to accompany her to hospital this morning to get her results of a biopsy that was done earlier during the month.

Well, I know how daunting it is to go to hospital on your own so I acquiesced her request, promising to meet her there early this morning. When I arrived at the hospital out patients section, I was greeted with a full waiting area!! I looked around me and realised that I was very lucky not to be in anyone of these peoples shoes!! We seem to take our health for granted all the time, only when we're taken ill do we realise how important it is.

Personally, I hate hospitals!! The sterile smell and those long corridors, seem to scare the hell out of me!! Maybe I watched too many horror movies but I become very apprehensive. To make things worse Raihaana wasn't there when I arrived!! After calling her cellphone countless times to get her voicemail, I almost left and went back to work. Why do people have cellphones if they're not going to answer it??? Just as I was about to leave, I received a message from her saying that she was still in the taxi on her way there!!

Anyway, that calmed my nerves a bit and I patiently waited for to arrive. When she finally got there, we had to wait a further hour for her folder. Then we had to wait to see the doctor. Wait, wait, wait!! I'm beginning to realise why they call it "waiting rooms"!! LOL!! Raihaana was apprehensive as to the results of her tests and she still experienced pain. When her name was finally called to see the doctor, I was so relieved!! As we sat there waiting for him to give us the verdict, I could see Raihaana tense up waiting for the worse scenario possible!! But when he gave his prognosis it was good news!! The tissue was not malignant, just scarred because of the previous operation done!! Yay!! Raihaana was elated and so was I!!

The doctor checked her wound and told her it was healing nicely. He also prescribed some antibiotics for the swelling and gave her another date for another check up. So, all is well that ends well!!

1 comment:

Shaheema said...

Wow! Algamdulilah! I'm elated that she's recovering well. I sms'ed her yesterday to find out how she was holding up... but she's a strong woman... and Allah will protect her.

Always in my duas,
Shaheema