Friday, July 11, 2008

He's not on his knees yet!!

About two years ago, I was introduced to Cece Winans' music. At that point in time we were a group of ladies travelling in a lift club. The same ladies who meet once a month for our morning coffee, that is besides Debbie.


Arlene, who was the driver played Cece Winans, Kirk Franklin as well as Martha Monizi. There were particular tracks on each cd that made an impact on me. Most importantly though, was the fact that all the ladies in the lift club needed each other at different points in time. My belief has always been that every person that you come into contact with during your life, is there for a certain purpose, whether it to support you or to mirror their experiences.

Cindy had just started working at Jetmaster and I certainly knew why she had been placed in my path from the word go!! She, like I, was just discovering herself and needed someone to point her in the right direction. And when I say 'right direction', I mean by delving within herself to find what makes her happy. For she had become so busy trying to make everyone happy she had forgotten that to give happiness you had to be happy as a person too!! She too soon discovered that there was a big difference between sacrificing and giving. When you sacrifice yourself you end up feeling resentment, but when you give of yourself from the heart without expecting anything in return, you overflow with happiness.

Leona on the other hand was placed in my path for completely opposite reasons. She was there to allow me to discover that it doesn't matter what life threw at me, I had to look at the positive side of matters. She has this bubbly personality, and it doesn't matter what comes her way, she seems to rise to the occasion!! Even her ability of handling clients under duress amazed me completely!! And I don't think that in the 3 years that I have come to know her, have I ever seen her in a bad mood!! Seriously!! Nothing, absolutely nothing, would get to her!!

Then there was Arlene, her amazing belief that God would see her through all life's tribulations was truly an eye-opening experience!! Although I was the only Muslim amongst them, there was much respect and tolerance with regards to religion. They had received misconstrued information with regards to Islam in general, so I explained many things which led to a better understanding and respect of it.

The one specific song which really made an impact on me was one sung by Cece Winans and the title was 'He's not on his knees yet'. The crux of the song was that humans tend to look elsewhere for solutions to their problems when all we needed was to really raise our hands up to God and ask. And in her song she was asking God to guide us and have mercy on us because we are weak and not on our knees yet. Our problems are as deep and worrying as we make them to be, once we realise that just by letting them go and leaving them up to God to solve. For God's love is all-encompassing and we do not realise how much He does love us!!

He doesn't know his worth,

Wears the saddest smile on earth.

He denies it.

Love is reaching out to him.

But he won't let it in.

He defies it, He defies it.

He's not ready, he's not on his knees yet,

He's too strong to be weak.

Show him mercy, he's not on his knees yet.

Let him break, please make him better.

Put the pieces back together.

He thinks that he's alone,

I have walked the road he's on.

And I know he's searching,

Looking everywhere but up.

He can't fill his empty cup,

So He keeps hurting, he keeps hurting.

He's not ready, he's not on his knees yet,

He's too strong to be weak.

Show him mercy, he's not on his knees yet.

Let him break, please make him better.

Put the pieces back together.

Help him please, he's not on his knees yet!!

No comments: