Monday, August 25, 2008

Beautiful end to a somber weekend!!

Between worrying about Shaheema's dad and my own circumstances that I find myself in, my weekend was not at all that it should have been. Nevertheless I'm pleased to say that Shaheema's dad has been discharged from hospital and is recuperating at home, Alghudulillah!! And I managed to dance myself into a frenzy at home on Saturday to dispel my somber mood!! Endorphins really put those sad thoughts to rest, don't they??!!

Sunday morning dawned cold and wet, but I was so looking forward to attending Amaan's wedding. Amaan is a very good friend I met while working at a previous company. When I met him I had no idea that he was not Muslim, his countenance and the way he spoke told me otherwise. Little did I realise that it was definitely his intention to embrace Islam as soon as he was ready to do so.

He embraced Islam in May Masha-Allah!! And on Sunday he married Faranaaz, he celebrated his wedding day as well as his birthday!! The wedding was well attended by ex work colleagues as well as friends and family members!!




Chocolate mousse cake provided by moi!!

Amaan and his beautiful bride, Faranaaz!!

Ghaalietha & I with the bridal couple!!

Cindy, my kids and the Couple!!

Shukran to you Amaan and Faranaaz, it was a beautiful wedding. May Allah continue to guide the both of you on your new journey together Insha-Allah Ameen!!

1 comment:

Shaheema said...

Wow! You looked stunning babe.. and so does that chocolate mousse cake... ooh you got me mouth watering right now. :)

And, all the very best to the bridal couple... May Allah always protect you, Insha-Allah, Ameen.