Thursday, June 12, 2008

Pain

I've always been of the understanding that pain allows us to grow as humans,
but now my perception has changed. Do we allow pain to consume us so much that we do not see the outstretched hand trying to help??? I suppose one can only lead by example where that is concerned.

I was married for 10 years and when my marriage ended it was as if my whole world had crumbled!! Everything around me seemed insignificant, I walked around in a daze for about 2 years. And one day my step dad looked at me and said "If you don't grab the bull by the horns and ride with it, you're going to loose!!" That was my light bulb moment and I will forever be indebted to him for that. And that was the moment I reached out my hand and accepted the help that was given unconditionally.

I have so much to be grateful for, my kids, a job, family and friends who adored me and just wanted the best for me. Everyone deserves that.

So how do I convince my friend that he is derserving of that too??? How do I convince him to not allow the pain of loosing a loved one consume him?? How do I communicate that to him when we are miles apart and I cannot be there physically to give him a hug or just place my hand on his shoulder and say that everything will be ok??? It saddens me to think that he feels so alone when there are so many people who care for him but he refuses to stretch out his hand to receive the help that's waiting to be given unconditionally.

So all I can say is that you are loved my friend, more than you realise!! Look up to the sky and you will find your answers and in doing so, you will find that there are so many people who care to color your world!!

No comments: