Thursday, June 19, 2008

Gratitude

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
It turns what we have into enough, and more.
It turns denial into acceptance,
chaos to order, confusion to clarity.
It can turn a meal into a feast,
a house into a home,
a stranger into a friend.
Gratitude makes sense of our past,
brings peace for today,and
creates a vision for tomorrow.
- Melody Beattie -
The above quote has resonated with me since hearing it at a women's conference about 3 years ago. Since then, instead of looking at the negativity of a situation or person, I'm always looking for the positive and being grateful for the different elements the person or situation brings to my life. Every opportunity is seen as one of growth and developement.
My life has taken a big change since adopting this philosophy, I'm less critical of myself (yes i am my worse critic!!). I dance more, sing more and enjoy peoples company to the fullest!! Everything is more apparent and life in general has become more blessed.
And so with this gratitude I wish to say a very special Happy birthday to my beautiful cousin, Shaheema. May the Almighty grant you to be with us for many years to come Insha-Allah Ameen!! May you always stay the sweet, caring person that you are and continue to be the epitome of what a woman at your age should be!! I cannot see myself without you in my life, you have been my rock, my confidante, my best friend and I love you sooooo very much!!
I look forward to seeing you on Sunday, when you pledge your love and yourself to marry Raafiek Insha-Allah Ameen!! Excitement sure is the order of the day lately nuh!! But rightly so, because we both have been so very patient. Just waiting for our time to come and now you stand on the threshold of yours!!

No comments: