Friday, June 20, 2008

My Babies!!





I am truly blessed to have 3 beautiful angels in my life, they complete me and I love them to bits!!

Being a single mom certainly has its ups and downs but more ups than downs thankfully!! I have my hands full holding down a full time job, studying part time and being a mom to these three!! Oh and how they keep me on my toes. Especially the youngest one, she has an answer for everything!! I suppose one can't help for being a bit smug sometimes when she has her say, but I certainly don't allow her to see me laughing my head off!! That I do when she's not around, when she's in my company I have to keep a straight and stern face.

In this day and age one has to be very careful as to how we rear our kids. With the media bombarding our television screens with negativity and violence, we're prone to become desensitised. So it's been quite a mission for me to screen what they watch on the tele. I know that I cannot control what they watch when I'm not around but instilling them with good values and morals certainly will help.

As parents we want what's best for our kids and sometimes to the detriment of ourselves!! Drawing the line between what you want for your children and what's best for them is another story on it's own!! I could probably have a debate and it would go on for hours with so many topics that would be covered.

Suffice to say that we are all doing our best out there, just be careful as to how you go about doing so!! Our decisions on raising our kids always tend to come back to bite us when we're least expecting it. LOL! To all the single parents out there, you're doing a sterling job of raising your kids!! Give yourself a pat on the back every now and then!! You deserve it!!

No comments: