Friday, October 24, 2008

YAY!!! The weekend's here!!

I've been looking forward to this weekend since Ramadaan month!! Yes, this weekend I get to go away & chill with a few girlfriends.

It will be the first time ever that I am away from my kids (they get to spend weekends away from me, if you know what I mean, hehehe). But it's a well deserved break, something I should have done a long time ago. Two days before Eid I had a wake up call in the form of an anxiety or asthma attack (I'm not asthmatic)!! That experience I will never forget. I suppose it was my body's way of telling me to slow down.

But what made it even worse was the fact that the attack happened in full view of my children!! The helplessness they felt and the fear in their eyes was heart wrenching!! I've been so used to doing everything for the last 7 years *(Uthmaan calls me 'superwoman')* that I had taken my health for granted.

I suppose I can't blame myself too, being the eldest I was reared to be strong at all times. So it's been a pattern of mine for years, just pushing myself and making no excuses at all. Well, today I'm making an excuse, from 14h30 today till 18h30 on Sunday I shall be doing absolutely nothing but relaxing!! No baking, no cooking, no cleaning, just reading, walking on the beach & having a great time with the ladies!!

*Club Mykonos here I come*

No comments: