Sunday, April 12, 2009

A day out catching up with the family....







Today has been quite hectic but once again I thoroughly enjoyed myself. We celebrated my uncle's 50th birthday this morning & attended a family friend's daughter's wedding.







The only bad thing about attending functions is the endless eating that takes place. OI!! I'll have to do an extra bit of Taebo to get rid of those access kilos!! I literally had to beg Ray to go along to the wedding as I didn't want to sit there on my own while the older folk caught up on the good old days.






Don't you just hate it when you haven't seen people for a while & they say things like, "The last time I saw you, you were this high" (indicating a distance from the floor up with their hand) Good heavens, it couldn't have been that long back?? I'd just sit there smiling, thinking has this man gone insane?? How old does he think I am, wink, wink??






Then there's the part when Mother Dearest decides to mention that she's looking for a suitor for her daughter, politely pointing at me!! Aaaarrgggghhh!! I just hate it when that happens, at that point I just wish that the ground would open up and swallow me!! Phhbbbtt. At this point Shahieda would perform a disappearing act. Funny thing is, I've asked mum to be a bit subtle about her approach but I'm convinced the word doesn't exist in her vocabulary, hahahaha!!



No comments: