Thursday, March 19, 2009

Words that have touched my heart


I can count myself as truly blessed for having influential, loving & positive people in my life. Each of them bringing a different dynamic, pure & wholesome.


I'd like to take the opportunity of thanking one such person, my cousin Shaheema. She's always there, whether it be spurring me on to do my best, or reminding me to give myself a pat on the back. Our bond is quite telepathic at times, she knowing when I need inspiration or the other way around. There are times when this telepathy is downright freaky!! :)


Quite recently, I shared my excitement on my discovery of Kahlil Gibran's book, 'The Prophet.' After reading the book (I fetched a copy from a nearby library) countless times, I showed her the passages when she visited one evening. *I'm one to blabber about something I'm passionate about all the time*


I shouldn't have been surprised when she bought me my own copy of the book. I was told she had a surprise for me. *I'm like a little girl when it comes to surprises, can't wait to see what it is* Truth be told, I was expecting something for the PC I bought, perhaps a cool mouse pad or a memory stick, but received a book I would treasure for a lifetime. One I would gladly pass onto my kids!!



1 comment:

Shaheema said...

Insha-Allah, Ameen!

May you forever live in tranquility and beauty, because that is exactly what you deserve!

Love you lots couz!

Shaheema