Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Delectable Chocolate chip pancakes

During the week I do not have the time to sit down & have breakfast with my kids (hangs head in shame.) By the time I leave in the morning, they're still sleeping. So, I make it a point when it comes to the weekend to cook up a good breakfast. Pancakes feature heavily (they seem to just accumulate on the waistline when I'm not looking -:) ) on the menu.





I've created quite a following with these pancakes & one of these fine days they're going to get me into a whole lot of trouble!! :) So, before this happens let me post the recipe so that everyone can give it a go!! It's quite simple to make, even the kids make them on occasion.



You will need:



1 cup cake flour (250ml)
2tsps baking powder (10ml)
2tblsp sugar
250ml milk
2tblsp butter, melted
1 large egg
dark chocolate, cut into pieces (I use Beacon's Midnight velvet)





In a bowl add all the dry ingredients together and make a well in the centre.
Measure milk in a jug, add egg & melted butter. Beat thoroughly.
Slowly pour milk mixture into dry ingredients, while mixing slowly.
Beat for about one minute until well blended.
Allow mixture to stand for about 20 to 30 minutes.
When you're ready to start frying pancakes, cut pieces of dark chocolate into mixture.
Fold in lightly, do not over beat.
Heat a heavy-based pan & spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Scoop spoonfuls of mixture onto hot pan & allow to cook until bubbles begin to appear.
Flip pancakes over and cook on other side.
Keep warm until all pancakes are fried.










Serve with dollops of fresh cream, strawberries, blueberries, or any other fruit of your choice, as well as golden syrup. Add a cup of cappuccino or mocha to that & you're all set. YUMMEH!!

No comments: