Monday, March 2, 2009

Mating season????

Ghaalietha always has the ability to catch me way off guard. One such incident happened over the weekend.

I was busy preparing breakfast Sunday morning when she asked me about a movie they watched at their dad’s place. Her enquiring mind prompted her to asking me about mating season.

Ghaalietha: Mum, what’s mating season???

Me:(my head racing to come up with an answer without using the word ‘sex’ LOL!!): Ummm, mating season is the time when animals cohabit with one another to reproduce.

Ghaalietha: Oh, I see. Then after that happens the animals have babies.

Me: (bracing myself for the next question): That is correct

Ghaalietha: (with a eureka expression on her face): So that would mean that humans also have mating season!!

Me (laughing my head off): No, humans don’t have mating season only animals do because that is their circle of life.



I could have gone on to explain that humans are the only species that have sex for pleasure and not only to reproduce but I feel that's giving too much information too soon. Looks like I'm going to have to do the 'birds & the bees' speech very soon with Ghaalietha.



*Sigh* My age seems to be catching up with me!!

No comments: