Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!!





Yep, I've just turned 35 years old (read: 21) & I am utterly grateful for my circumstances Alghumdulillah!!



Firstly, I would like to thank my Creator for the blessings in my life, I definitely wouldn't be where I am today without His Ragmah.



They say that the older we become the wiser we are. Wiser, perhaps but I'm still one who can be whimsical, crazy & foolish at the same time, hehehe. But I wouldn't change that for the world!! It's this whimsical & foolish nature that made me celebrate my birthday at the Capetonian Hotel with family members. What was so whimsical or foolish about that?? Well, I asked all my guests to dress up big time!! So, it ended up looking more like a Debutant Ball, hehehe.









Suffice to say that I ended up being fashionably late (read: I wanted to make an entrance).






The food was scrumptious, the company vibey & fun. I only missed one person.......... (sigh)



To crown it all, Gakiema had surprised me with a birthday cake, candles & all!! She can be as crazy & foolish as I am. I don't see how otherwise, as we're both Scorpios, celebrating our birthdays days from each other!! Shukran sweets, you made my day & I didn't even see it coming!! LOL!!




A great, big Shukran to Shaheema for making the most beautiful dress!! And for always reminding me that 'I am beautiful in every single way, words can't bring me down.' Love you lots like jelly tots!!





To all my family & friends, I cannot thank you enough for your sms', emails & phone calls!! Your well wishes & duas are greatly appreciated!! Without your love & support I would not be able to weather the many storms life has thrown my way. I cannot see a life without any one of you!! May Allah bless each one of you & may we still be together & continue to grow for a long time to come Insha-Allah Ameen!!

No comments: