Saturday, September 5, 2009

Mommy's taste in fashion doesn't cut it any more

Gosh, these last couple of days have been absolutely crazy!! I can't believe that we're down to the 15th day of Ramadaan already. Where has the time gone???

Between work, rushing home to prepare for iftaar, chores and seeing to the kids, my day is never ending. It also helps that Aqeedah knows her way around the kitchen, she's true gem!! By the time I hit the sack I would hope that sleep would come quickly. Unfortunately for me, that is not the case. I probably only get 2 hours sleep for the most and then my day starts all over again!! Eish!! I'm surprised I haven't keeled over yet. :P

With regards to my reading, I am making good progress, Alghumdulillah!! Even though I couldn't read for about 6 days. Between reading at work during my break and at night, I'm hoping to keep the momentum going so that I can finish as planned Insha-Allah.

I still have to find clothes for the children for Eid and boy, oh boy, is that going to be a mission. Especially for Aqeedah, the girl refuses to stop growing, hahahaha. She's now even taller than mom, even when mom has heels on!! To make things easier for myself, the next time around I'll rather have something made for her.

During the week I popped into a boutique I had discovered some time back. I love the range they have, longer length dresses with sleeves and they're not figure hugging either. So, I found a pants with a beautiful top for her. Feeling quite chuffed with myself I presented these to Aqeedah on arriving home. Her siblings were more impressed with the outfit than she was, to say the least (oO)

"The top is too oudoos (old fashioned) mummy." Oops, what was I thinking?? Gone are the times where I could safely buy something she would like. Mom's taste is a far cry from a fourteen year old's. To make matters worse, this morning Uthmaan promptly told me, "No Shahruk Khan outfits for me this year, mom." Double oops!! And here I thought I was doing something good, LOL!!

Well, it's a sure sign that my kids are growing up way too fast for my liking. Or maybe, it's just a sign that mom's getting old, OI!! I think I'll stick to my first sentiment for the time being, hehehe.

Oh, but wait!! Ghaalietha still likes the clothes I buy for her. Well, I THINK she still does :P

2 comments:

Kak Teh said...

Shahieda, I've stopped buying clothes for the girls; nothings seems right. The colour, the pattern, the style, the size.

When i went back to malaysia recently, i thought i'd gve another got - clothes for eid. Out of 4 i got two right. So, i have to be thankful for that.

Shahieda said...

Kak Teh, it's such a tedious affair innit? My kids are at that age where name brands are in and everything else is out.

But mom's purse doesn't agree with most of the pricing, sheesh! Anyhow, lets hope I can win tomorrow when visiting the shops, AGAIN :P

2 out of 4 is not too bad *winks*